“Meet our Jury Panel"
Naresh Prasad Shrestha
Principal of Prime College
Siddhant Raj Pandey
Chairman and CEO of Business Oxygen (BO2) Pvt Ltd
Managing Director of Meeting Point Pvt. Ltd
Selected Ideas for Phase II
“Guidelines for participation in The Idea Challenge"
One of UNDP’s core goals is poverty reduction, and one of the ways that UNDP has been achieving this objective has been by creating employment and income opportunities through the development of enterprises and entrepreneurship in Nepal.
The Idea Challenge, a collaboration between UNDP Nepal and MIC Nepal, aims to realize this objective by inviting the submission of business / enterprise ideas that uses local resources, attracts youth investors, generates local employment and benefits the society at large. There will be prizes for the best ideas but UNDP will not be responsible for funding these ideas.
To assist you, we offer the following general guidelines on the kind of ideas that we are looking for:
- Ideas means products and services that have a market demand
- Ideas should be Nepal based i.e. no overseas / imports businesses
- The investment required should be reasonable and not exceed NRs. 10 Lakhs (although there may be possibility of scale up). UNDP will not be responsible for generating funds for investment.
- The ideas should be feasible and practical i.e. can be implemented immediately if anyone shows an interest to invest
- The ideas should be sustainable i.e. environment friendly, financially profitable and therefore self-sustaining in the long term
- Ideas which are business products / services and have positive social benefits will be given higher consideration (e.g. organic food or green products).
Essentially, we want ideas for enterprise that have social benefits and contributes to local development. And these ideas should be based on sound business plans that are feasible, practical, sustainable and with a proven market demand.
We look forward to your participation in the Idea Challenge – good luck!!